We strive to provide an excellent educational environment for all students who wish to pursue academic challenges.
The order of priority for acceptance to Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary School:
- Children entering preschool or Kindergarten who have siblings enrolled at PBVM.
- Catholics who have been registered members of Presentation of the Blessed Virgin
- Mary Parish for one year prior to registration.
- Members of PBVM Parish who are entering Kindergarten.
- Transferring Catholics currently attending another parochial school and who
- become members of Presentation Parish.
- Catholics who are members of other parishes.
should have completed Kindergarten and should be six years old by September 1.
Transfer students are admitted on a probationary basis. For students having difficulties
adjusting, a conference among the parents, teacher(s), and principal will be scheduled.
At the pastor and principal’s discretion, a student may be required to transfer out of
Most Catholic high schools require a principal’s recommendation for entry. Students
entering the Catholic school system at the junior high level may not be given as strong a
recommendation (or one at all) as students with a longer history in Catholic schools.
Academic records and teachers’ recommendations for placement in high school classes
are, of course, given for all students who have met the graduation requirements.