2023-2024 Tuition Schedule
*4+ children: This discount only applies to K-8th grade tuitions
Click here to get your application started.
The order of priority for acceptance to PBVM follows:
1. Continuing students in good standing at PBVM who meet registration deadlines
2. Siblings of Catholic families attending PBVM
3. Siblings of non-Catholic families attending PBVM
4. New Catholic Families
5. New non-Catholic Families
All students are admitted to PBVM on a probationary basis. Probation covers conduct as well as grades and general participation. The school administration may terminate enrollment at any time.
Age for Admission
- PBVM accepts students who are 3 years old and older. Student placement is at the discretion of the Preschool Director. In order to prepare students properly for Kindergarten, we only offer a 3-day or 5-day for the Kindergarten Readiness program. All students MUST be fully potty-trainer.
- Kindergarten: 5 years of age on or before September 1st of the current year; applicants must be developmentally ready, which shall be determined through appropriate screening.
- Kindergarten Readiness: 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the current year; these children do not yet meet the age requirement or the social and/or academic requirements for the school’s Kindergarten program.
- First grade: 6 years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year
- Birth certificate
- Health records, including an up-to-date immunization record
- Baptismal certificate (and Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist certificates, if applicable)
Every new student must have a physical examination report on file in the school office by the first day of attendance. The report must be dated within 18 months of entrance. Students may not attend class until this information is on file. The school will require all children to submit proof of having received a health assessment during the 18 months prior to entrance into first grade. The principal may grant permission to extend this to 90 days after entrance.
Every child must show up-to-date proof of required immunizations by the submission of a current California School Immunization Record (this can be provided by the physician). This requirement applies regardless of on- or off-site school operation (e.g. Distance Learning).
• The school expects all students and continuing students who are not in compliance (missed dose, new grade span, etc.) to be immunized according to current California guidelines (a good reference can be found at “www.shotsforschool.org”). Students must have immunizations up to date within 30 days of notification or they may not attend school.
• Medical exemptions for enrollment may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
New student applications are accepted online on the school website beginning in January. Applications are considered incomplete until the application fee and all required documentation (see DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS above) have been received. Applications remain on the waiting list throughout the school year for which the application is completed. Parents will be notified by e-mail or phone call regarding acceptance or non-acceptance.
Application Interviews & Questions
All families applying for acceptance will be required to interview with the principal, and all incoming students will take an entry-level assessment test for the appropriate grade. In the case of mid-year transfers, students will be assessed for the curriculum currently covered in that grade level at the time of application. Families transferring from another Catholic grade school will be considered for acceptance after the previous school has cleared them of any outstanding debt or responsibility. All final decisions for acceptance of a student rest solely with the principal.
A non-refundable registration fee of $425.00 for each student is due and payable upon registration; students will not be considered registered until the registration fee is paid in full.
This fee helps offset various costs including standardized testing, student insurance, classroom expenses, SchoolSpeak, technology costs, student planner, yearbook, and textbook use.
Financial aid is available for families who have been enrolled at PBVM School for more than one year. FACTS Management Company manages all applications for financial aid. Applications are reviewed, and aid is granted based upon family need and availability of funds.